Voting Research Guide
The College of Marin librarians have created an online Voting Research Guide to help you research everything on your 2020 ballot. Use the tabs in this guide to find voter information, California and Marin County ballot initiatives, information about parties and candidates, and tips for understanding how to think critically about the news. Don't wait until the last minute, set aside some time to research your ballot prior to election day, November 3, 2020!
Here is the url for the Voting Research Guide: https://libguides.marin.edu/2020Ballot
- October 19, 2020 is the last day to register to vote in the November 3, 2020 General Election. Your registration must be postmarked or submitted electronically by that date. Register now, if you haven't already done so, so you can vote! If you miss this deadline, you can still vote!
- October 27, 2020 is the last Day to Request Vote-By-Mail Ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
- November 3, 2020 is Election Day. Polls are open 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Registering to Vote
- Online Registration Form: Register to vote in California. You will need your driver's license number and social security number.
- Absentee Voting/Vote by Mail: Learn more about the convenient benefits of absentee or vote-by-mail voting.
- Vote411.org: From the League of Women Voters. Find out about voting in California, register to vote, locate your polling place, view a voter guide for your district.